Close this search box.

How To Apply

International Applicant Process

Once you have selected your course and study location, it's time to get your application underway. Follow the below steps to submit your application to RuralMedEd as an international student.

Before you start your application please read the Australian Government’s Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) regulatory framework so that you understand your rights and responsibilities as an international student before and during your study.

RuralMedEd formally engages with an extensive network of agents who can provide advice on your study options and guide you through the application process.

Please note: An international student is defined as anyone who is not an Australian citizen, a permanent resident of Australia, or a New Zealand citizen. If you’re not classed as an international student, visit our other courses to see how you can apply as a domestic student.

1. Before you apply

Check the evidence required to apply for your visa.

Before you apply to study at RuralMedEd, you should check what documents and evidence you will need to provide to the Department of Home Affairs (HA) to support your visa application.

How to check what evidence you will need to provide to obtain a visa:

  • Visit the Document Checklist Tool page on the HA website
  • Select the country listed on your passport
  • Enter 04128G in the Education Provider CRICOS code field
  • Answer the final question: I am one of the following
  • Click the Display Evidence button
  • Read through the Documentary Evidence List to find out what you will need to submit with your visa application

Review Admissions criteria and key dates

Prepare your certified supporting documents

You must provide certified copies of key personal documentation translated into English. Please provide certified copies of your:

  • Passport
  • Birth Certificate
  • Academic Transcripts (mark sheets) and Award Certificate. (Certified official translation of any document not in English)
  • English language test results

For Applicants who are already in Australia, additional documents are required:

  • Current and Future Confirmation of Enrolments (COE) for studies in Australia.

Applying as a mature aged student

Mature age students (at least 21 years of age and with work experience/other qualifications) may be admitted into a course without meeting the formal academic requirements.

The following documentation is required to support your application:

  • Current CV
  • References on company letterhead from current or previous employers

Students under 18

International students who are under 18 years of age and are applying for a student visa are required by the Australian Department of Home Affairs to have adequate welfare arrangements in place.

Where previous study/employment was conducted in English, submit a certified letter from the educational institution/employer confirming the language of instruction/employment was English.

2. Submit your application

Submit your application and supporting documents through RuralMedEd’s International Application portal or through a RuralMedEd Registered Agent who can guide you through the enrolment process.

3. Receive your Letter of Offer / Accepting your Letter of Offer

  1. Meet all conditions as outlined in your Letter of Offer and Acceptance
  2. Read and agree to the Terms and Conditions of your Letter of Offer and Acceptance including the expiry date for acceptance
  3. Read the International Student Refund Policy
  4. Read the RuralMedEd International Student Handbook
  5. Pay the fees as stated in your Letter of Offer
  6. Pay for Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) as stated in your Letter of Offer, or arrange your own OSHC for the duration of your visa.

4. Receive your Confirmation of Enrolment

Receive your electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE – required for visa lodgement). You will use this document to apply for your student visa.

International students need to fill out and submit an Australian Visa application and be approved to receive a Student Visa to study in Australia for more than 12 weeks. Short stay visas are for students studying in Australia for less than 12 weeks.

A Student Visa in Australia is a temporary visa issued to non-Australian residents and is granted to students who are enrolled in a CRICOS registered, full time course in Australia. International students can be issued with a multiple entry visa for the duration of their study in Australia. You can travel to and from Australia within the visa period. 

Further information on Student Visa requirements in Australia is available on the Department of Home Affairs website.

Conditions of your student visa

  • Maintain enrolment in a Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) registered course and maintain satisfactory course progress and attendance.
  • Maintain enrolment in a registered course that is the same level as, or at a higher level than, the registered course for which your student visa was granted.
  • Continue to satisfy the requirements for grant of your student visa, for example that you still have sufficient financial capacity to support your stay in Australia.
  • Notify RuralMedEd within seven days of any change to your contact details, including home address, mobile number and email address.
  • Must not work more than 48 hours per fortnight during course semesters.
  • Maintain Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the entirety of your student visa.
  • Maintain adequate schooling arrangements for any school-age dependents who joined you in Australia on a student dependent visa for more than three months.
  • You must not be involved in activities that are disruptive to, or violent towards, the Australian community.

Students under 18

When you are applying for a student visa you are required by the Australian Department of Home Affairs to have adequate welfare arrangements in place. You must maintain adequate arrangements for your accommodation, support, and general welfare for the duration of your course or until the end of the week you turn 18.

To maintain adequate arrangements for your welfare you must stay in Australia with:

  • your parent, legal custodian, or
  • a relative who has been nominated by your parents or custodians who is aged over 21 and is of good character, or
  • Have accommodation, support and general welfare arrangements in place approved by RuralMedEd. 

5. Apply for your visa

To apply for your student visa, visit the HA website and click ‘Apply Now’. Follow the steps to create your ImmiAccount and apply for your visa.

6. Travel to Toowoomba and attend Orientation

Once you have received your student visa, you can travel to Toowoomba ready to attend the RuralMedEd International Student Orientation day.

Enquire now

What is your enquiry related to?